Tuesday, April 22, 2008
learning to swim
One of my biggest fears is one of the girls falling into a pool and not knowing what to do. During our recent vacation at my uncles in Florida the girls wanted to go swimming as soon as we got there. Tracey offered to get in with them. She was in the hot tub with Kayla (which flows into the pool). Chloe was walking around and all of a sudden decided to walk into the deep end. Mind you this is about 5 minutes after Tracey and Kayla got in. Chloe cannot swim, I'm watching her for a few seconds doggy paddle, go under, doggy paddle, go under. Then of course I jump in after her and we get to the side. She starts crying, but I immediately tell her she is okay, I don't want her to fear the water. She actually did pretty good for not knowing how to swim. Meanwhile, inside I was freaking out a little and thanking God we were there. She was definently cautious during the rest of the stay which was a good thing! I also never knew how wonderful water wings are. Needless to say they will be taking swim lessons early this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
SO scary! I don't know if I would have held it together that well! Water freaks me out!
Post a Comment