Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kitty-sitting!

We are going to Orlando next week for Thanksgiving to visit family and spend a day or two at Disney. I called my neighbor to see if her daughter, Cara can take care of our two kitty's, Harley and Buddy, plus feed the fish while we are gone. She's done it in the past and I would usually bring her back a t-shirt or something like that. I was thinking about paying her this time, since she's 12 now and probably would like to make some extra cash. I don't even know how much babysitting, kittysitting, anything like that cost nowadays! I was thinking maybe $5.00/day which would be $35.00. Or give her $25.00 and bring her something from Disney. I'm going to discuss it with her mom first to make sure that's okay with her. I think I'll ask her to bring in the mail too. I think $35.00 is fair or is that too cheap.

Her tasks would be:

Feed them

Give them fresh water.

Clean their litter box (that itself deserves cash!)

Let Buddy out and in during the day so he can have his daily adventure.

Feed the fish

Play with the kittys for a few minutes

Bring in the mail
I'll talk to her mom tonight and see what she says! I might be way off!

Buddy and Harley

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like a good price to me.....

Stephanie said...

That's fair. We've done that with the teens in our neighborhood. Have fun!

girlytwins said...

Sounds way fair to me. We always pawn our animals off on family so it's free :) have an awesome time.

We are headed to San Diego for the week and plan on hitting up Sea World :) I cannot wait.