Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Makenna is 1!!!

Makenna is my sister's daughter, she just celebrated her 1st birthday on May 18th. Her birthday party was Sunday. Of course everyone was anticipating her digging into her birthday cake. So the time came for cake, she took a couple tastes and then started crying, she wanted nothing to do with it. I guess you'll have that, not every kid wants to end up a giant ball of icing and cake!













She's probably thinking get me outta this chair, clean me off and tell these people to quit looking at me!
I think my sis was a little bummed, more so because we didn't get a good picture to put in her 1st birthday frame. So before my girls devoured her cake, I told Mar (my sis), let's just do it over tomorrow. She won't be tired, there won't be a ton of people gawking at her and she'll probably have more fun. So she agreed. I packed up her cake and the next day they went to my mom's and had their "do over".





That's more like it!!!! I love messy babies!!
Happy birthday, kiddo!!

4 comments:

girlytwins said...

What a great idea. My girls were less than thrilled with their cakes either. They just pushed it around their trays nibbled a tiny bit and then wanted out. I wouldn't want a ton of people staring at me while I was eating either. The new pics of McKenna are wonderful.

Cecily R said...

PERFECT shot in the do over!!! That last one is a framer for sure!

My daughter's cake smash was on Saturday. She sat in hers and then picked it up and ran away with it!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. I hope to see you around again!

Laurie said...

What a great idea for you to give your sister and doing it over. That last picture needs to be blown up and framed. It is sooooo adorable. I LOVE it.

Jocasta said...

Happy Birthday Makenna!