Well I really had nothing to do with the actual building. I was pretty much the gopher, the holder of screws, and drink getter. But for Shawn this was probably a "rite of passage" for him as a dad. Anyone who has attempted building a swing set probably can agree. Since there really wasn't any guys around to assist he was basically on his own. He started by opening 5 gigantic boxes and doing inventory of the many, many pieces. That was the easy part, it only took about 2 hours. Then the directions had at least 60 pages and I guess parts of the directions left little to be desired!!
The first day he worked about 10 hours, long but went well!!

Chloe wanted to help
Day 2: I decided I didn't like where the swing set was, it was too close to the hillside. So we had to move it, he was not too thrilled about that. I think it looks better now, (he does too). That day was about 8 hours. It's almost done!!
Day 3 - about 4 hours and was able to finish...yay...the girls finally had their playground (that's what they call it), they were very excited. Shawn was happy to be finished too. Here's finished product...good job, honey!!!
5 comments:
The finished projest looks great! I hope the girls enjoy it. I know all about projects and how they seem to take much longer than when first thought.
Thanks, Laurie. I think they will enjoy it.
Congrats. My hubby started our playset 2 weeks ago and ours is still unfinished. To be honest we only have about 16 hours total into it and he has just about an hour left. He just needs to level the ground where it will stand. I can't wait. Yours looks great.
That looks amazing - so jealous!!!
The girls love it, they had to eat their dinner on their picnic table last night..so cute!! It was definently worth it.
Post a Comment