Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st day of pre-school!!

We survived it! It actually went very well. We were waiting outside the door with all the other kids and the teacher came out to welcome everyone. As soon as she came out Kayla and Chloe were right up there with her. She explained when they went in they would hang up there book bag on the hook that had their name on it. Then they would take their picture and put it by the hook. They were ready to go, I handed them their book bags gave them a kiss and they went in. Of course, I welled up with tears, I was really happy for them and I know they are going to enjoy this. I came to pick them up and the teacher did say Kayla cried a little bit. She said she was done and wanted to go home. I guess it didn't last very long though. They said they had fun and they do want to go back.

1st day of school
walking up the driveway to school

I was peeking through the window before I left, they are
playing in the kitchen.
I hope they enjoy the rest of the school year. Oh and the 1st day of ballet and tap is Saturday. We can't wait!!!

6 comments:

girlytwins said...

Wow. They are so cute. What brave little girls. I love that you were peeking in. I think they might find me standing outside the window all day when my girls go to preschool. I will be a wreck...LOL.

Laurie said...

So cute you got a picture from looking in through the window.

Laurie said...

Just wanted to add... I have a book called "My first Day at Nursery school." It is by Becky Edwards. I read this to Gabby every night now. She loves this book. I leave out the word nursery school when I read it to her, but wanted to pass this book on to you. It is a cute kids book.

Cookie said...

They are so cute! Congrats on surviving the the first day!

BTW, I found you from your comment on girlytwins :)

Tracy said...

I don't know if it's the clothes or hair or combo - but they look so big & cute.
what a blessing that they enjoyed their time & seems like their teacher is nice. yeah.
blessings,

Shannon said...

I can't even imagine what all the firsts will be like with my girls. I am welling up just looking at yours. Can't wait to hear all about dance!